Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Jambalaya
Prep Time : 15mins
Cook Time: 1hr 6min
1 lb of Andouille Sausage ¼ slices
1 lb of Fresh Shrimp. peeled and deveined
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tsp of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp cumin
1 Cup of diced tomatoes
6 ounces of tomato paste
1 cup half and half
1 ½ cups of chicken broth
2 Cups of white rice or rice of choice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 tsp of parsley for garnish
● Place butter in stockpot and sausage over medium heat stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
● Add cumin and cayenne pepper continue stirring for 1-2 minutes.
● Pour in chicken broth, tomato paste; continue to let ingredients cook to a slow boil 5-7 minutes.
● Add rice and half and half, stir then cover until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
● Stir in shrimp, replace lid and cook for 5-6 minutes. Uncover salt and pepper to taste let stand for 5 minutes, the sauce will thicken. Garnish with parsley pair with favorite biscuit or roll and enjoy!